Take fast, precise beam pattern measurements of small lamps and fiber optic illuminators with the BP100 – a compact, portable photometric measurement accessory.
Intensity Measurement of Lamps
The BP100 is purpose-made for luminous intensity measurement of lamps, using a diffusely transmitting screen to provide a flat image that can be measured by an imaging photometer. This is a low cost, versatile solution in comparison to the traditional method of measuring lamp properties as a function of angle of emission, using Goniometers that are often costly and dedicated for one specific measurement.
BP100 Highlights vs Traditional Methods
• Assemble and disassemble this solution in minutes
• Obtain high resolution measurements
• Acquire 2D high dynamic range images in seconds
• Share the imager for other measurements in the lab
Perform a menu-driven, geometrical and photometric calibration process with Photometrica Software together with the specialized Beam Pattern Software Package. Two-dimensional (2D) measurements can report the luminous intensity of the test lamp in polar (θ, φ) or Cartesian (θH, θV) coordinates. Other computations are available including illuminance.
Without having to extend the rails or increase the screen size, the BP100 is well suited to measuring the beam patterns of lamps up to 25 mm in diameter and at wide angles. You can also accommodate larger lamps with an enlarged mechanics configuration.
- High resolution, typically 0.01°
- Fast acquisition and analysis
- Standard or custom arrays of test points
- Pass / fail analysis
- Menu-driven setup and measurement
- Supports a wide range of measurement geometries
- Export to IES or CSV file formats
- Wide-ranging analyses with Photometrica