Beam Pattern Package
Intensity Measurements of Lamps
This menu-driven software package is designed to measure and analyze the luminance (or radiance) and chromatic properties of lensed light sources.
With the package, users can perform menu-driven, geometrical and photometric calibration, take measurements, and report the luminous (or radiant) intensity of the test lamp in polar (theta, phi) or Cartesian (thetaH, thetaV) coordinates, or illuminance (or irradiance) in spatial coordinates. Chromaticity coordinates can also be analzyed when using an imaging colorimeter and with the addition of an optional spectroradiometer, spectral properties can also be reported.
Additional components of a complete system include a Westboro Photonics imaging photometer or colorimeter, a transmissive (BP100) or reflective screen, and a calibrated reference lamp. Westboro can supply a turnkey system, complete with installation and training.
- High resolution, typically 0.01°
- Fast aquisition and analisys
- Standard or custom arrays of test points
- Pass/fail analysis
- Menu-driven setup and measurement
- Supports a wide range of measurement geometries
- Export to IES or CSV file formats
- Wide-ranging analyses with Photometrica
Production applications require high speed and reliability. Westboro offers two imaging platforms to meet these needs:
- The MCIC (Multi-Camera Imaging Colorimeter) can measure intensity and color in 1 s.
- The Smart Series imaging photometers can measure intensity in under 250 ms.