Photometrica® 7.2 Measurement and Analysis Software
Photometrica® combines an easy to use interface with powerful analysis tools and extensive automation capabilities.
The full range of photometers and colorimeters from Westboro Photonics leverages our sophisticated Photometrica® software suite offering complete control of your system from photometric image acquisition to detailed analysis and reporting.
Included in the Photometrica software is a diverse and powerful set of tools for identifying, defining, and refining areas of interest (AOIs) using spatial and data driven techniques. The resulting data from AOIs is tabulated in a fully configurable workspace, where complex calculations on measurement and regional statistics are easily realized. Highlight schemes for AOIs allow classification beyond simple pass/fail designation, with open-ended, user-defined colorized states to visually identify each AOI.
Photometrica's multi-component architecture enables multiple measurements to be contained within the same document, allowing relationships between measurements to be quickly plotted or evaluated through computations. More complex derivative and comparative measurements can also be implemented by applying user defined formulae which involve existing measurements.
Customization and Automation
For most measurement applications, Photometrica provides all the control and analysis capabilities required in the lab. For highly repetitive tasks, more complex tasks, or fully automated applications involving communication with other devices, the Photometrica SDK provides scripting and customization capabilities as well as an interface to core processing functionality for equipment and measurement control (using Python, LabVIEW, MATLAB, C#, C++, and more). Customization can include user-defined windows employing any number of controls, such as labels, number edit boxes, sliders, drop-down menus, buttons, graphs and tables. Each control can be associated with scripts to perform a set of actions in the software.
Westboro Photonics' add-on packages offer customized solutions including:
- Capture Assistant: Walks the user through the generation of a capture scheme with optimal measurement speed for any type of measurement scene. This results in the fastest, most accurate measurements without user trial and error guesswork.
- Uniformity Spots: Automatically locates one or more displays in the field of view and walks the user through the generation of a user-defined pattern of AOIs within the area of the display for uniformity calculations.
- Display Test Suite: Automatically locates one or more displays in the field of view and performs a user-defined sequence of display measurements and analyses in a semi-automatic or fully automatic mode in production. Tests available include scratch/lint/hair detection, stuck on/off pixel detection, mura tests, and more. Users may also define their own display tests using the SDK.
- Automated character and symbol detection
- User-defined mathematical analysis
- Multi-layer architecture
- Pass/fail and multi-state determination
- Embedded scripting capability
- Support for various coordinate spaces, including
- polar (θ, φ),
- rectangular angles (θH, θV), and
- linear dimensions (m, cm)
- Create, save and deploy template files
- Plot data across a set of measurements with different AOIs on the same graph
- 3D surface plot entire measurements or a specific region with selectable levels of detail
- Fully customizable reports
- CIE 1931 (xy) and 1976 (u'v') chromaticity plots
- Optional software development kit (SDK)
Photometrica® controls both luminance and color measurement instruments from Westboro Photonics. The standard quantities provided by the software include:
- Luminous Intensity
- Total Luminous Flux
- Spectral Radiance
- Radiant Intensity
- Total Radiant Flux
- CIE Chromaticity Coordinates (xy and u'v')
- Correlated Color Temperature (CCT)
- Dominant Wavelength