Made by Light Tec and distributed in North America by Westboro Photonics
Accurate results in less than five minutes
Mini-Diff is the new "optical mouse" for "optical designers". Simply capture the scattering properties of a surface, and export the data to analysis software.
In less than five minutes, you can:
- Calibrate the Mini Diff with the bundled standard samples,
- Measure and characterise a surface material,
- Export the result for analysis and design work.
Mini-Diff can measure diffuse reflective diffusers, transmissive diffusers, and reflectors. Measurements can be exported to the following formats:
- BSDF ( imported by commercial software )
- Mesh ( native format )
- Slice ( intensity versus angle )
- Lambertian / Gaussian model
- ABg ( Harvey Shack model)
Repeatability and accuracy: Mini-Diff offers an accuracy better than 5 %. Below is a sample measurement of a lambertian standard for an incident angle of 40°.
Here are sample BRDF results for a table surface, and reflector "Miro 5" ( details in the links below ).
Check out some detailed examples:
These measurements can also be used in the following analysis software: